Friday, June 15, 2018

So many New Testament Bible verses on children -- add these

There were so many Bible verses that compose the essence of Christianity and Christ's thought specifically on children that I may have missed some pertinent ones.  A wonderful friend who suffers through actually reading what I write made me aware of three more. 

I admit to a certain affinity for some New Testament text.  If, in my opinion, Christ was nothing else he appealed to so many because the world he knew was drowning in a totalitarian vise.  He offered something new, a kind of humanity, few of that time heard.  When one is poor, when one is sick and when one is oppressed by tyranny Christ's words fall on waiting ears that yearn for help to set them free. 

When all of you send my previous email on Bible verses on children, love and the stranger to those who need to see them add these:

Matthew 19:14:  "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come to me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Luke 18:16:    "But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

and Mark 10:14:16  Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...