I am prone to migraine headaches that make me very ill. Sometimes politics gives me one. I had one at work, I remember, in 2000 as Bush was poised to take the presidency. It made me sick.
Yesterday, while at Coakley campaign headquarters awaiting her appearance, I was asking a politico why Democrats do not pounce on Republicans when they are so (forgive the newly created word) pounceable. He said because Democrats do not do that. I felt my blood pressure soar and anger fill my veins and guess who that hurt? Well, it did NOT hurt Charlie Baker. It hurt me. After 2 years of being migraine free I had one and never did get to see the, I HOPE, next governor of Massachusetts, Martha Coakley.
I am vowing this election cycle will not make me sick again. I cannot do that to myself because no one is getting any younger and some point, I could make myself very ill.
My final opinion until after the Tuesday possible Republican Senate take over will, I hope, show you what the President has done for us and what a Republican control of the Senate and the House will mean.
There is a lot to lose if Democrats do not win and if you do not mind losing every social safety net, every scientific advancement forged by a government agency and every help that our government has given to sustain all of us then you will love a Republican win. The truth is WE ALL HAVE A LOT TO LOSE IF DEMOCRATS LOSE ON NOVEMBER 4, 2014. If you do not think so here is a lot-to-lose list I have drawn up:
The President with the Democrats has:
· Expanded health care coverage for millions;
· The President and Democrats have pulled the country out of the Great Recession and reduced the deficit;
· They have reduced unemployment to 4.9% from a Republican induced high of nearly 10.0%;
· The Democrats and the President have Repealed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell;
· The Democrats and the President have passed the Lilly Ledbetter Act for women;
· The Democrats and the President support a woman’s freedom to her own healthcare and birth control;
· The Democrats and the President have repealed DOMA
· The president has tried to end two wars;
· The president has captured and killed Bin Laden
· The President has taken nearly 30 Executive Actions favoring prevention of gun violence;
· The President and the Democrats have supported a huge boost to Science, Technology & Engineering;
· The President has taken landmark action on environmental protection and climate change;
· The President has nominated and the Senate confirmed two women and progressives to the Supreme Court;
· The President WANTS the “Dream Act” to pass and for the undocumented to have a path to citizenship;
· Hispanics should know if the President could get a Congress with which he could work instead of Congressional Republicans obstructing everything against him, he would do MORE for immigrants and the children of them who have come to this nation and made a life. The Dream Act would pass!
Here is what Republicans have done:
Shut down the government, threatened to not pay the nation’s bills which would have sent the nation and the world into convulsions and, finally, voted to sue President Obama over healthcare.
How much more evidence does one need to know TO ENSURE THE DEMOCRATIC VOTE BY GETTING OUT TO VOTE DEMOCRATIC BOTH HERE AND ACROSS THE NATION?
If Republican lies on Obamacare win it all for the Republicans and if the Koch Brothers with other bottomless money pits wrest control of the entire country for them and if Republicans take it all and you do not mind losing your rights to an endurable life making the 1% richer and the 98% poorer then pay no attention to the 2014 election and simply let Republicans win.
Here is what Republicans will do to you if they win:
Eradication of the Affordable Care Act which is bringing health insurance to those who had none and saving lives Republicans do not care to save;
Privatization of Social Security, begun by FDR and a program most love;
They will deform Medicare with vouchers—kiss your life saving health care goodbye;
The eradication of Medicaid;
Private Enterprise rights over civil rights—they want each state to decide if they want to discriminate even if it means not serving minorities at a lunch counter or restaurant with the ultimate elimination of the 1965 Civil Rights Act;
The reversal of Roe v. Wade eliminating a woman’s right to choose her own family planning and medical fate relegating them to the back alley butchers of yesteryear that killed thousands and reduced women sometimes even to sterility;
Returning Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy to the military so gays must live in fear of Putin-like policy and, yes, even elimination from society at large by imprisonment;
Codifying Constitutionally-based discrimination;
Re-instituting the Defense of Marriage Act;
Capturing the judiciary with extremist right wing judges;
Promoting a culture of guns even for 5 year olds and even in our schools;
Ad infinitum eternal war and a bloated military budget;
Relegating women to second class pay status;
Eradicating unions that protect workers;
More tax cuts for the rich which will NEVER trickle down to you;
Deregulating the economy-crushing Wall Street and returning business to a pre Great Depression and Great Recession status;
Never passing a minimum wage;
Eradicating unemployment benefits;
Denying science, climate change and the catastrophes we already have suffered from man-induced global climate change including severe drought, severe storms, tornadoes, floods, fire, ice and snow;
Denying the fact of evolution so that new biological discoveries which will save lives will not happen; teaching the mythological creationism as fact-based non science;
Severe cuts to the NIH eliminating government’s disease fighting and disease tracking efforts;
Diminishing regulatory agencies like the EPA;
Eliminating mental health government-sponsored studies;
Proliferating dirty oil and fracking that have polluted so much of the nation and setting it literally on fire;
De-emphasizing alternative clean energy;
Negligence in repairing Infrastructure that has decayed all over the nation.
Our nation, if Republicans are given total power, will end programs that have helped sustain it over decades even centuries. They have done so in states where Republicans reign.
We MUST work hard to tell the Koch Brothers and their ilk that they CANNOT buy America. We must work HARD to elect, contribute to and advocate for Democrats everywhere. MOST OF ALL GET OUT THE DEMOCRATIC VOTE in every state and for each branch of Congress in 2014 and beyond!
OF COURSE SEND THIS TO ANYONE YOU CHOOSE.
OF COURSE SEND THIS TO ANYONE YOU CHOOSE.