The election of Mitt Romney simply CANNOT and must not happen. The president has done much and has suffered the onslaughts not only of criticism which all presidents suffer but also severe, mean, cruel and dastardly racism. It cannot be denied even though the party of the disloyal opposition surely does try to cover it up. DO NOT BE DUPED.
Electing the president is more important now than ever before. Would YOU want to have Willard charlatan flip flopper in chief selecting maybe three members of the Supreme Court taking an already right wingnut bought court and congress to Herculean heights?
DO NOT SIT BACK. Pretend this is 2008 and the George Bush legacy has ruined a nation because Bush's sickening influence is STILL with us. The moron Bush, Cheney, et al never sleep and our president inherited their pile of dung. NEVER GIVE UP and do not falter but most of all failure is NOT an option. Send this to all your friends and put it up on Facebook as well. Heck pass it out at the supermarket ... anywhere and everywhere we must NOT let the Republican voter suppression illegality work.
Re-elect the president and elect the superb Elizabeth Warren to the US Senate!!
The Obama Administration has accomplished incredible work in its first term, and part of our work is to make sure our supporters are able to talk about these accomplishments. Below is a list of some of the greatest hits from the first term that you should work to incorporate into your conversations about the President.There are many more - recently accomplished.
Some may be blind to these accomplishments because "It is by a black guy in the White House". Those people may have a right to their opinion but not to the facts.
Obama Administration Accomplishments
· The President ended combat operations in Iraq, removing nearly 100,000 troops.
· The President repealed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, giving gay men and women the ability to serve openly in the military.
· President Obama lifted a ban on federal funding for stem cell research.
· President Obama nominated and the Senate confirmed two female justices for the U.S. Supreme Court: Sonya Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.
· President Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Act into law, guaranteeing fair/equal pay for women (equal pay for equal work).
· The Senate ratified the START Treaty, which was the most important arms control agreement in almost two decades.
· American seniors received $250 checks to help them pay for the high cost of prescription drugs in order to help close the donut hole under the Affordable Care Act.
· Under the Affordable Care Act, young people can now stay on their parent’s insurance until the age of 26.
· President Obama re-authorized and expanded the State Children’s Health Insurance Program for more than 4 million low-income children.
· President Obama put an end to taxpayer-financed bailouts with the Wall Street Reform law.
· Under the Affordable Care Act, Americans with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied health insurance coverage.
· President Obama put consumer protections in place against hidden fees and penalties under the Credit Card Act.
· The President enacted the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility act (SAFRA) which increased Federal Pell grants and loans for students.
· Through the Small Business Jobs Act, the Obama administration more than doubled the amount that small businesses can borrow through the SBA’s most popular loan programs.