Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Few Words When There are No Words to be Found

I still have no words for the killing yesterday of 20 children and 6 adults in Newtown, CT. I am stunned, I am overwhelmed, sickened, and sad. I do not know what has happened to my country one that I knew to be so safe, so secure, so benevolent and the one which saved Europe from tyranny. I walked, as a child all around my neighborhood. I went everywhere with no fear. School was a blessing, a sanctuary of learning surprising me even then that I felt so free.

Now schools are locked and one enters at one's own risk even in an elementary school. Where did we go so askew, how did we come to be so violent, and what has happened to this nation?

I am sad today and mourn with Newtown. Newtown -- a Dickensian name for a town. It is anything but new now -- it has grown old fast, sad, and stunned as I am. I am sorry for you Newtown and wish I could make the horror go away.

I WILL pray today and work for gun control tomorrow because there is nothing else I can do. The many are with you, Newtown, more than you can ever know!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...