Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Growing up in Gaza in the Dark -- My Comment: Amen

Yes, I am a Jew who once gave Israel my entire support until most especially now with Trump doing the unthinkable making Jerusalem the capital of Israel knowing it would provoke violence around the world and ostracize this nation from humanity's hug once again. Of course, it has provoked violence most especially in Gaza but even in NYC where the transit bomber said that Trump's words on Jerusalem, in part, compelled him to strap a bomb around his body and attempt to blow the subway rail line up and innocents with it.

Horrific and though the event small I suspect it brought chills down the spines of those of us who lived through 9/11 and even ones who did not. Any bomb exploded in NYC does that to me. I paste the video link below entitled "Growing up in the Gaza Strip in the Dark" because I have reexamined the Palestinian plight which I have done periodically throughout the years but never more so then now. 

Listen to that story linked below and empathize with the conditions that provoke so many Gazans to violence when desperation reigns and the fatal Trumpian Injustice Disease spreads.

I wish, though wishes will not make it so, both sides would take a breath and come to compromise for a two state solution where each major religion shares a part of Jerusalem and two states one Palestinian and one Israeli, share it as its capital. What would the sound of the silence of peace feel like?  Nirvana defined in part by Webster's Dictionary as "place or state of oblivion to care or pain," .... to that I say Amen!

https://www.nbcnews.com/leftfield/video/growing-up-in-the-gaza-strip-in-the-dark-1114372163560

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...