Friday, March 11, 2016

Pulling away from hate

After the violence I see at Trump rallies and Trump lying about all he sees and all he says to encourage it, I am taking time off from this political sewer of insanity. I simply cannot watch the nation being surreptitiously taken down a path to hell.

Our nation, once the beacon for the poor, the homeless and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free has become the mirror image of the "Gangs of New York" Scorsese film about vicious and murderous nativisim in the 19th century of our nation and beyond. Trump has roots. The violence then created Tammany Hall of NYC political patronage corruption. The nativism and racist hate spewing from a Republican Party in our time has gone wild and its leader denies it all and will not tell his minions to stop.

The Republican beast is of their own Republican making. Republican power usually controlled the extreme but is powerless in the face of it now. It is bone chilling awful to watch its violence. I must pull back from it all, at least for a time, or it will be to my detriment because I am not a denier of truth but I am one who faces it and this truth pierces my soul.

John 13:34-35 says: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” How wonderful it would be if the fundamentalist extreme of our nation chose that edict from their New Testament diatribes instead of hate!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...