Monday, May 19, 2008

A Man for This Season: I vacillated many times between Barak and Hillary. I think she would have made a great president. Barak Obama, if elected, will be great too. Those of us in the Democratic party can be proud. We have made history times two.

Some may say an African American cannot win. I say it is about time an African American DID win. A people has been much sinned against throughout American history. I think in our country's long contentious soulful debate about race we should not deny an African American what he so rightfully deserves because his message is correct and his message is true. Let us, as Martin Luther King so correctly said, judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. I think our country deserves a return to the greatness Barak Obama can provide.

Let us, finally, pull this country together because the time is right and the time is now. Yes we can and yes we will show the world our country's greatness has returned. We will proclaim liberty from that mountaintop Martin Luther King did not get to see. I am praying fervently, through the long and difficult night that Barak Obama and we will reap the benefits of what Martin Luther King and others gave their lives to sew. A return to greatness is within our reach. I implore our nation not let it slip away.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...