Friday, November 17, 2023

NOT ANYMORE

 

I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated again it is merely an opinion honed in this eternal struggle which has cost thousands of dead. It never stops! The carnage on both sides is incomprehensible.
I paste my opinion below. It is entitled "NOT ANYMORE"
 
I am incredulous that my Jewish people are responsible for these dastardly attacks in Gaza resulting in thousands of deaths -- especially deaths that include children and babies. Hospitals are being bombed. The blood of innocents screams out -- STOP. I a Jew, have honed my politics at a young age based on the Holocaust. Hitler was the poster boy for extreme right wing politics so as a young person trying to decide where I fit on the political spectrum I knew that the right wing was not for me. Those on the right are missing something. They are missing humanitarian ideals. They are missing empathy. My own Jewish people who suffered so much for thousands of years are now killing indiscriminately innocents in hospitals and schools.
 
I have had to come to the conclusion that October 7th and the wholesale slaughter of Jews by Hamas allowed me to become something that I never was, sanctioning inhumane behavior by my own people. After Oct. 7 Israelis said if they do this to me I will do worse to them. I felt proud that Jews fight back. Now, though, I think their pound of flesh has been realized. I have been using Oct. 7 to sanction behavior of my people who are allowing the most heinous barbaric retaliation that equals if not surpasses Hamas' October 7 unconscionable sickening attack that stunned the minds of Jews and non Jews alike. This slaughter MUST stop. The Hamas violence must stop and the attack on Gaza must stop as well. The Gaza assault is a travesty that insults the Holocaust and Jews whose lives lie in graves by the millions in what was once Fascist Europe.
 
I do not like writing this and have thought long and hard as to what I would write. I love Israel but maybe I love Israel so much that I cannot admit their acts would mirror acts by Hamas. Am I glad the Jewish people are strong? Yes, I am glad of that. But, enough is enough. The killing by Hamas and Israelis too must stop. It is in no one's interest to continue the bloodbath. A two state solution is the only way.
 
If there is a God surely He would not sanction this tortuous barbaric massacre. Surely He would say No, never again not anymore!
 
**Postscript: There is no or scant proof of weapons sought below by the IDF. Nor is there any proof of the Israeli hostages. If they are found and if the Hamas weaponry are found below I reserve the right to change my opinion.



2 comments:

Natalie Rosen said...


When the indictments came down against Donald Trump and I saw the scrupulous case special counsel Jack Smith had woven over Trump’s handling of the most sensitive, top secret classified documents that were not his to take and were held helter-skelter at Trump’s estate at Mar-a-Lago, I still managed to smile. Would Teflon Don finally be made to answer for his lifetime of unethical, unconscionable grifts and acts?

There are no words to describe my incredulity at his cavalier treatment of cartons of documents, with revelations of military battle plans, maps, and nuclear plans, that could have the worst consequences if they fell into the hands of adversaries. There are no words to describe my fear when I realized how many human beings could be killed because of the actions of a former president.

My smiled faded to worry. I worry about the violence that is attached to right-wing fascist authoritarian politics (“Trump backers threaten violence,” Page A1, June 12). I worry about the federal judge assigned to the case, Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, whose earlier rulings favorable for Trump were rejected by an appeals court. Most of all, I worry about the millions who put him in office in 2016 and the millions who cling to him steadfastly now, despite the solid evidence against him.

The worse it gets for Trump, the more money he raises. I worry that this poisonous influence might never be stopped. My worry will not subside unless and until he is fairly convicted by the very system he so rudely attacks.

Natalie Rosen said...

Federal case brings all-too-brief smile of relief

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...