Monday, January 20, 2020

Thousands Of Pro-Gun Activists And Far-Right Extremists Swarm Richmond, Virginia

Who the heck is trying to steal their precious guns for which the white supremacists think the government is coming? This is ridiculous. Look how long it has been taking after the Sandy Hook horror killing of 26 people 20 of whom were children to get simple legislation which would make background checks mandatory.

Sure the psychotics among the gun rights demonstrators in VA of which I can guess there are a number surely do not want background checks. Sorry, I do. In no way do I think lawmakers would touch the holy Second Amendment. Perish the thought. The Founders included the Second Amendment because coming from the perils of a monarchy and being 13 small colonies they wanted to make sure a dictatorship never developed by having a well regulated militia like the modern National Guard to defend them from that.

I aver our Founders never thought we would become a nation of 350 million people many of whom are in love with their guns. Our government will never (if Trump is defeated) turn into a raging dictatorship or monarchy. If I could wave a magic wand I would monitor those who want to buy a gun and further eliminate those tissue tearing weapons of war like the assault rifles. Unfortunately I am a lonely Democratic liberal who realizes this nation simply loves its guns. I wish it loved people as much!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...