Monday, October 01, 2018

I hope it is not too late

 
 image.png
 
 That is EXACTLY right.   Kavanaugh is a beast if he thought it was so smart to put that in his yearbook for all time. Are we supposed to say HA HA?  NO, I say I think I want to throw up at the thought of putting this sickening slime on the most powerful prestigious court of intellect and wisdom in the now so called "free world." How did we sink so low? I place the blame everywhere in an anything goes culture! The blame as I have thought for a long time must be placed in many parts of our culture.

I loved the late Sixties throwing off the stagnant, hypocrisy of the Fifties.  I thought the late Sixties to be an era that meant a humanitarian sea change for the poor, the sick, the elderly, the sad and the dispossessed bestowing those rights that had been given to everyone else but held back from particular others whose skin was a different color or whose orientation was different from the majority.

I thought the Sixties meant love and not hate. I thought it meant instead of killing human beings we would help them out of poverty and war. The only thing our sad excuse for a president that was used by him and now his SCOTUS choice, Kavanaugh, was unbridled, lewd, licentious and lascivious, talk and behavior that said if it feels good do it no matter who it hurts. NO, to me the Sixties meant the freedom to conduct one's physical life without fear of physical harm, shame or guilt that lead to suicide. It meant a release of the bonds of social servitude.

As usual our species took it to the heights of Everest allowing many to hurt especially weaker women and weaker people anyway they, the privileged white few men, wanted. The metamorphosis of the Sixties did not mean that to me. I never thought about the political right with presidential support morphing it into a permanent culture of hate.

What have we become as a nation? This administration has ushered in the unbridled debauchery of Rome at its worst -- the barbarians at the gate. I blame myself too for thinking there would be finally in this nation a humanitarian example to the world and not begin the potential destruction of a nation. I did not mean this to be so. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. 😢. After the barbarity of Trump we must right a host of wrongs including those to our planet.  I hope it is not too late!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...