Monday, October 16, 2017

Suicide is NOT an option -- the right to live

I am going to be 69 in a few days. I can say that admitting who I am was the singular most difficult process in my life. I "figured" things out decades ago and the trajectory of my life changed in an instant. It is one (among many) reasons I so despise Trump and all right wing extremist zealots who lack thought, kindness, empathy and understanding; who refuse to offer, at minimum, help to those who so desperately need it​. It should be the mandate of government to provide it​.

For those in our generation who were homosexual suicide was then an option. But it got better -- much better. Now for this instant in time we secured many rights including everyone's basic right to marry whom they love but those rights can be, in a nanosecond, taken away.​ Freedom from religion not of religion should be etched in stone as our Founders knew and it is why the separation of church/state clause is Constitutionally
​mandated​
. Believe what you want but let others believe what they may; looking to social change and not to a 5000 year old document written
​ ​in cement by those who knew nothing about a lot science has debunked and much less of human sexuality nor its variation.​

I never on planet earth thought it could get so much better​ for me​. My relationship of 32 years​,​ I can unequivocally and proudly say, sets an example and should be the envy of so many whose relationships and marriages are/were so destructive. It was not I who had the problem it was our culture and what it said we should be during those excruciating Leave it to Beaver times.

Trump and his minions are poison to those of us who are different and do not conform -- no strike that -- CANNOT conform to what those Cretans say we must. They want to turn back the clock to an age where we had zero rights and suicide was the only option for so many of us who could not live a lie. Trump's minions are ignorant and like Trump have no desire to understand and to learn.

Howard Zinn said to me long ago it matters not what those in power who oppose us say. We must fight with the grass roots and never give in because power emanates from the bottom up! If right wing extremism
​ wins ​
we all lose in more ways than simply the right to marry. Those of us who are not among the richest 2% will and some are now ​​losing health care. ​Worse, the possibility of nuclear war post 1960 is again in the conversation. No one can win that. ​In the end if Trump and his minions 
​have their way​
many will die. ​ T​he right we all deserve​ is the right to live.

RESIST AS YOU HAVE NEVER RESISTED BEFORE

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...