Monday, May 02, 2016

One of the most interesting opinions I think I have ever read

Andrew Sullivan's piece in "New York" magazine entitled Democracies End When they are too Democratic is one of the most interesting, contemplative, and provocative articles I think I have ever read or at least have read in a long time. His thoughts circulate around Plato's "Republic" written around 380 BC. Yes, it is lengthy, but it is synaptic extending. In other words, it makes one think, expand and exercise one's brain -- a perfect antidote against dementia. I post it below and think you should read it as it is an article written for our fearful Trumpian times inspired by a man, Plato, who could never have envisioned our existence.



http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/america-tyranny-donald-trump.html

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...