Friday, March 04, 2016

Donald Trump's Policies Are Not Anathema to U.S. Mainstream but an Uncomfortable Reflection of It

By Glenn Greenwald

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Donald-Trump-s-Policies-Ar-by-Glenn-Greenwald-Donald-Trump_Mainstream-Media_Republican_Torture-160304-120.html

 
BRILLIANT article. It reminded me of my feelings when I read J. William Fullbright's book "Arrogance of Power" in the late 1960's. I wanted to distribute copies of it to everyone on the street.

This nation, at least 1/2 of it, is in full fledged psychological denial. Torture? Who us? No way! I carried the flag on Flag Day at my school in 1957. Will the empire fold in my lifetime and bring in a state of humanitarian renewal? It's my hope no matter how far fetched it may be.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...