Thursday, October 31, 2013

Polio Outbreak

The chilling and anger provoking ugly Middle East story of polio break out in war demolished Syria with NO medical facilities or help. Can you imagine this nearly-eradicated-from-the face-of-the-earth viral disease making a comeback? This is what war provokes as no sewage or sanitation facilities exist spreading the disease as societies break down. This is why war must not, cannot and should not ever be used as a tool for change.

If anyone can imagine this I surely can. Do I thank fate for Children's Hospital in Boston and for having been born in this country where I attained superb care as a child unlucky enough to have been born before the 1955 Salk vaccine? A resounding YES!

The story is here or below.


http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/29/us-syria-crisis-polio-idUSBRE99S0FI20131029

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...