Thursday, September 27, 2012

A must watch from today's news -- FIND OUT ABOUT ALEC and its SUBVERSION of YOU!

This was forwarded to me and is SPOT ON!:
Amy Goodman on Democracy Now! today dedicated a segment to Bill Moyers upcoming PBS special on the American Legislative Exchange Commission (aka ALEC). It is important for everyone to know about this organization which works for a very silent, corporate/1% elite that is subverting our democracy and has been for decades since Ronald Reagan.

I’m amazed in my work with local political leaders for the upcoming 2012 election here in MetroWest how NO ONE knew what ALEC was when I mentioned it.

Amy’s been featuring news on ALEC for years – finally, I’m glad to see more coming to light.

This is the organization that is spreading voter suppression laws, thousands of bills throughout the country limiting woman’s reproductive rights, gun control laws – pushed through which are not popular with citizens (i.e. Stand Your Ground).

We all need to know about this organization financed by corporations and private, monied interests from around the globe – which is financing the campaigns of many state and local politicians, including SCOTT BROWN.

Remember that in November when you step into the booth.

Link: http://www.democracynow.org/2012/9/27/the_united_states_of_alec_bill

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...