Thursday, August 11, 2011

What Happened to Barack Obama: This is one of the GREATEST editorials of the tragedy of the Barack Obama presidency I have ever read. I composed an email to its author Drew Westin, Professor of Psychology at Emory University. I post a link to his superb article below.

I wrote: Dear Professor Westin: I just finished reading your NYT editorial entitled "What Happened to Barack Obama?"

You have written, in my opinion, one of the GREATEST editorials of the tragedy of the Barack Obama presidency I have ever read. It is MUST reading and ESPECIALLY should be read by the man it is about himself! Indeed, what DID happen to Barack Obama?

Your article is BRILLIANT and sadly for those of us who loved him so much and worked so hard to elect him his presidency is proving to be a Shakespearean tragedy. I am hoping sometimes beyond hope that the Republican Party and its candidates are SO bad, the American public smarter than it is said they are, and the problems SO significant for the middle/working class and the poor that this country dare not elect another Republican at the peril of losing its soul to the ash bin of history.

Every word you said is true despite the small error of numbers regarding immigration. That matters not. What does matter is the ad infinitum signs of foreclosure which I see in the once vibrant town where I have lived for 63 years.

The seasons still pass, the trees still rustle with the knowledge somehow written on their DNA that fall and then winter approach. I yearn for the American spring and for the time that our country can re-capture what the trees do as a matter of course in their transition from winter to spring's renewal.

As Rabbi Hillel said: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" Indeed when will our nation's spring ever return to its renewal and will our president hasten its onset? Who will be for me if not him?



http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/opinion/sunday/what-happened-to-obamas-passion.html?scp=1&sq=What%20happened%20to%20Barack%20Obama&st=cs

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...