Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Endlessly Interesting Film: Did you ever love something like a piece of art, music, theater or film so much that there are no words to adequately express it? That is how I feel about
an excellent piece of film making, "Barney's Version" available on DVD and cable rental.

It stars Paul Giamatti, Dustin Hoffman, Minnie Driver and others. The film has it all as it spans the lifetime of a man Barney Panofsky. He is a hard drinking, brash, cigar smoking lovable AND distasteful man; sane and insane at the same time but what is sanity anyway? The film is very humorous, poignant and sad perhaps the substance of most of our lives. It riveted me encompassing so much including a mystery. There is mystery in the entirety of Barney Panofsky's life. Giamatti's performance is Oscar worthy. I cannot write about the movie but I could discuss it endlessly.

It goes to the top of my hit parade list!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...