Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Book of Love -- the NY gay marriage vote: On Yom Kippur -- the Jewish day of Atonement and the holiest day of the year -- we ask God to forgive our sins, wipe our slate clean, begin anew so that we may be inscribed in the Book of Life. I do not do organized religion any more but on that day inscribed in my DNA I take a moment to reflect on who I am, what I need to improve upon, who I want to be and hope that some higher power somewhere recognizes my yearning to be a better person the next year than I may have been the year before.

Keith Olbermann, my political guru, gave a special comment on the successful NY gay marriage vote and talked about the "Book of Love." I know now what I will concentrate and reflect upon this coming Yom Kippur. I will ask to be inscribed in the Book of Love. This liberal commentator formerly on MSNBC but now on the new cable Current TV -- FIOS Channel 192, says eloquently all that needs to be said about this fundamental right -- the right to love. It is the essence of our humanity.

I link it below if you want to hear his beautiful words and ending poem. I believe it is well worth listening. You can find it, too, on Huffington Post. He says it better than I ever could and I thank him for his wise commentary. If you have FIOS cable, Comcast or Dish TV you can find the Current TV station number he is on every night at 8:00 p.m. by simply Googling "Current TV." He is, I believe, a national treasure and urge you to support this new program on Current by listening to or taping it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/24/keith-olbermanns-gay-marr_n_883796.html

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...