Monday, August 30, 2010

My very essence and core is that I am in love with knowledge, discovery and science even though I have no brain for math. :-\ I just eat up those documentaries, science discoveries, historical and anthropological truth that shed LIGHT on things that seem so enigmatic or shrouded for thousands of years in myth and superstition. I LOVE learning which uncovers the truth of why we are what we are. It is an endless journey. This is a wonderful program I am sure. You may be interested too! Scroll to view email from WGBH.

I have to learn how to embed a pic but this is about the following from WGBH:

NOVA
This week:
Becoming Human:
First Steps

Airing Tuesday
August 31 at 8 pm on PBS
(Check local listings)
Watch the program
NOVA Topics Pages
Physics + Math
Becoming Human Part 1


Where did we come from? What makes us human? An explosion of recent discoveries sheds light on these questions, and NOVA's comprehensive, three-part special, "Becoming Human," examines what the latest scientific research reveals about our hominid relatives. Part 1, "First Steps," examines the factors that caused us to split from the other great apes. The program explores the fossil of "Selam," also known as "Lucy's Child." Paleoanthropologist Zeray Alemseged spent five years carefully excavating the sandstone-embedded fossil. NOVA's cameras are there to capture the unveiling of the face, spine, and shoulder blades of this 3.3 million-year-old fossil child. And NOVA takes viewers "inside the skull" to show how our ancestors' brains had begun to change from those of the apes.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...