Friday, October 23, 2020

My Letter to Pope Francis

 the wonderful Pope Francis calls for civil unions for same-sex couples, in major departure from Vatican doctrine he said

“Homosexuals have a right to be part of the family,” the pontiff said in “Francesco,” a documentary about his life. I have always loved Pope Francis because I believe he is a kind, brave and courageous man.  This is huge! Wonder how it will affect Amy Barrett who is a staunch charismatic Catholic and does not I would venture to say believe in according certain groups equal civil rights.   
 
 
My Letter to the Pope:

Dear Your Holiness Pope Francis.  I thank you for your wonderful call for civil unions for same-sex couples in a major departure from Vatican doctrine.  This is worthy of significant congratulations for this shift in sentiment. I know you have taken a monumental burden off the shoulders of so many Catholic adherents to the faith and may I be so bold as to say you probably have saved lives.

I, a Jew, have always loved you, Pope Francis, because I believe you are a kind and humane man.  I especially appreciate that you have said “homosexuals have a right to be part of the family,” in “Francesco,” a documentary about your life. I will be sure to view it. 

I have also had an affection for what I believe is the essence of Christianity and what path Christ forged for man to follow.  I believe the path of Christ is imbued with kindness, humane thought and love. 

Whether other popes who succeed you call for the same right of civil union to be accorded to homosexuals or not you deserve congratulations for this brave and courageous act!

Sincerely,
 
 

 

 

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...