Sunday, January 05, 2020

Before Emmett Till, 23-year-old George Armwood was dragged from jail, hanged and burnt in 1933. My Comment

The examples of racist actions against persons of color in this nation are heartbreaking. Who could ever perpetrate a violent act against a human being only because their skin is dictated by melanin DNA? It's ridiculous on its face. Nonetheless it is the essence of who some of us are. I did not learn its reality until my college years. I remembered though a girl in my high school class who was a person of color and also was running for secretary of the class. When she told me she was running she said she knew she would not win. I asked her why. She said at that time because she was black. I was incredulous because she was extraordinarily smart and nice. She was also right because she did not win as she knew she would not. It makes me sad that I did not realize it then but surely I do now. Black people in this nation have been much sinned against. I can only do what I can do and vote for those who understand racism's place in US history and make sure I do not perpetuate the sin!

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/before-emmett-till-23-year-old-george-armwood-was-dragged-from-jail-hanged-and-burnt-in-1933?fbclid=IwAR3mlTAklKdJEoVTD9Mj4Y36d3IHbp16ynDzExZk4Zn-4INlzz3vBCh3ce4

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...