Friday, May 18, 2018

Who is the real animal? The essence of Christianity

Trump called immigrants to the United States animals.  I ask who is the true animal? Larry O'Donnell had a wonderful segment on this about the religious right and those who support Trump but who completely ignore or more likely did not know the essence of the New Testament and Christ's words: "You were hungry and you gave me food"; "You were tired and you gave me rest"; "Inasmuch as ye have done it to the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me." He used the Beatitudes of Christ to call out these non-Christian so called "Christians." I love those Christian sentiments. Who is Trump kidding? He cares about God and knows zero about Christianity as much as a true animal does. He says he goes to church and we know he plays golf instead. He is his usual lying self. I know Christianity and he is no Christian! Larry O'Donnell's segment on this was so moving and correct!  I urge you to Google and read it.   I almost cried when Larry delivered it.  I wrote a small email to him last night.  I said:
Larry, your last words and sentiment about Christianity were some of the best I have heard and speak to how I often have viewed the messages of Christ.  One of the first passages I memorized was Christ's words that say: "In as much as ye have done it unto these the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

In my college days during the late sixties I, a Jew, took Christ's words to heart and thought of them as my own because I considered myself a humanitarian as I believed Christ was.  Thank you for clarifying the ugliness and hypocrisy of Donald Trump.  Even he, however, would have been forgiven his ignorance by Christ and his serial adultery to which Christ would have said to go and sin no more.  I though, do not have the ability to forgive the most ignorant, inhumane and dangerous leader in our nation's history.
RESIST

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...