Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Regrets

Facebook has its problems of that there can be no doubt but the purpose for which it was born few I think would say better that Facebook never existed.

I search every now and then for names of youth who may have meant something to me for good or not-so-good. I found an old boyfriend of mine from 1970. I had some regrets as to how I treated a very intelligent and nice man who ended up being a philosophy professor. We met on the MBTA when I was reading the NYT. I think he was impressed at the time for a woman to be reading that paper. He came over to me and we chatted.

He was a lefty of that era as I was but I suppose as time went on I was not interested in him and was less than my usual sweet (I jest) self. I regret that now as Facebook told me of his death. Damn! The moral of the story I suppose is life is shorter than one thinks and yes, to treat others as you would want to be treated yourself even if you do not want to marry them.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...