Sunday, December 25, 2016

Happy Hanukah -- on my new keyboard

Yes, I am sending this on my new keyboard my very generous partner gave me for Hanukah.  Apropos to that this is my first post on it and I link it below to a Hanukah song.
I happen to love Jewish music because invariably it is composed in a minor key even when the song is about joyous celebration as this one is.  A minor key has a sadness woven into it and I believe it translates to the difficult and often sad journey the Jewish people have had to take throughout a long and tortured history. 
Although I am not religious I love my people who have endured so much sadness even unto this day.  It is why I support peace in Israel with the Palestinian people who,too, have endured through difficulty.  If I have heart for one I can have heart for the other and for ALL people who suffer.

Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  If you pray for anything pray for peace!



https://youtu.be/XTdcLe0btiY

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...