Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thoughts on Leviticus

I watched the show "Duck Dynasty" once and felt like I needed a bath. Nothing about these low intellect right wingnuts appeals to me. It does not have to. I LOVE my state, I love the people in my neighborhood and I love the millions that are supportive of those who want to love whom they do. Nothing about love between two consenting non-incestuous adults in any way is "sinful" as if anyone on this show even could debate what sinful is.

A few thoughts on the prohibitions in the "Old Testament" section of Leviticus: Prohibition against eating pork, Mandating of animal sacrifices, Human slavery sanctioned, Prohibition against eating crab, clams, oysters, (This one is especially terrific) The profanity of disabled individuals - quoting


“For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, a man blind or lame, or who has a mutilated face or a limb too long, or a man who has an injured foot or an injured hand, or a hunchback, or a dwarf, or a man with a defect in his sights or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles; no man of the descendants of Aaron the priest who has a blemish shall come near to offer the Lord’s offerings by fire; since he has a blemish, he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God…He shall not come near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries…” (Lev. 21:18–23)

I rest my case!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...