Monday, January 21, 2013

A Moment in Time

Because it is late and because my day was infused with inaugural emotion I will say but a few words then think more carefully as to how to encapsulate my thoughts about the second and last inauguration to the presidency of our first person of color.

I am in love with this moment. I want to freeze it in memory's album to keep it alive. I thought the inauguration of our president, the ceremonies and his glorious second inaugural address were the best I have ever seen in the many inaugural festivities and speeches I have witnessed throughout my life.

It is the first day in a long time that I feel I am not at war with the fundamentals of my nation which, it seemed to me, had morphed into something I did not recognize. But my president, at least for this moment in time, has made me proud of my country once again. Tonight for the first time in a long time I am at peace with the outcome of the day and with the progression of possibilities for the causes I have held so dear for so long a time.

Today, I am thrilled and tomorrow I am not worrying about despair but look forward to the hope the president inspired in me from the beginning of his journey.


Thank you, Mr. President, for allowing me the privilege of seeing that which I never thought I would and for loving you now more than I ever did before!

The president and the Democratic Party are starting a group utilizing our electoral organizations to advance his progressive ideals. We must join that as we would a campaign, donating and supporting this when we can to advance the progressive agenda. It will try to elect Democrats and promote progressive policies. Stay tuned for emails and web sites you can go to for more information. Our job is not done, the tasks remain and we have now the President to help us do it. We MUST not falter and we cannot fail!


ON TO 2014 TO TAKE BACK THE HOUSE AND KEEP THE SENATE!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...