Monday, October 22, 2012

Why I am so enraged -- an equilibrium sought

Some to whom I send my opinion worry about my emotional stability because my anger about the economic injustice, money and power in politics knows no bounds. I agree my anger knows no bounds and it is because of that I write to give voice to the injustice of it all to those who need to know the truth.

The polls before the first debate were surging in the president's favor everywhere he needed them to surge. All of a sudden after a lack luster first debate by the president, the polls fell so dramatically not even to be redeemed by his clear win of the second debate. Moreover, now many articles, some of which I have sent talk about Romney& Co. owning a large share of the e-voting machines in none other but the most important swing state of all, Ohio, as well as in other swing states. Curious how that is doncha think?

The following is an interview by Bill Moyers, of the great economic genius of Rolling Stone Magazine, Matt Taibbi and of journalist Chrystia Freeland, author of Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else. The interview is entitled the 1%’s Power and Privileges.

If the fix of the 2012 election is in (and I believe it is) for the oligarchs in the form of the one percenter Romney since money gorges especially Republican politics in this country but also Democrats as well to a lesser degree, then there must be a remedy. Romney conveniently since 2006 has been planning his attack in part by owning the e-voting machines in Ohio and other swing states to cement the fix of this egregious democracy-killing election.  


The curative fix must be done by WE THE PEOPLE. We must demand, especially of our presidential candidates, revelation of their tax filings going back 12 years and disclosure of all their investments including those in so called “blind” trusts. Romney's taxes would tell us a LOT he, obviously, does NOT want us to know. The story, though, is MUCH bigger than that and so I post the interview here and below for your edification and my own emotional equilibrium. After one hears the interview a feeling of equanimity is not exactly what I get!

http://rsnorg.org/opinion2/277-75/14116-the-1s-power-and-privileges

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...