Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Honey Boo Boo -- An American Tragedy

Interesting article by Joanna Weiss today, September 18, 2012 in The Boston Globe "Honey Boo Boo and the Real America" placed here and below on this our uniquely and, to me, tragically American phenomenon. I first tuned in when a relative who values academics as I do asked me to watch something so utterly disgusting I would wax incredulous for the rest of my life. So, I did. For about 5 seconds of horror I am now psychologically maimed for life.

Yes, we are a divided nation but for the Globe's Joanna Weiss to tout this poor southern redneck family as simply examples of Maslow's self-actualized beings who sell their female child for a tiara is disgusting. How about showing a reality show in a Harvard classroom discussing the history of philosophical thought and how it relates to our very serious human condition.

How wonderful it would be if this nation were composed mainly of those who place value on academics, learning and science instead of laughing at those who make the US the laughing stock of the world. Shame on people who watch this junk for making NY and Hollywood think this trash is money and shame on Honey Boo Boo's family for creating a child whose odds increase every day that she will probably lose the game of life in the end!


http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/09/18/honey-boo-boo-and-way-bridge-national-divide/nWfyiJF2NOBUNKrGwzWSHN/story.html?camp=newsletter

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...