Wednesday, August 08, 2012

ONE MORE THING Re: Hiroshima

There are always other sides to an issue.

I have read accounts that said Hiroshima and Nagasaki WERE of military and strategic significance in that it is where Japan warships and weaponry were made. I have also read that even after Hiroshima Japan would not surrender and that it took Nagaski and the order of the Emperor to finally prevail. I do not know the truth of this.

We KNOW history is told by the winners. Just why did Japan do something so ill conceived as the bombing of Pearl Harbor? I have read accounts that said Japan wanted to stop the US in its tracks from stopping their ultimate goal which was riveted on China. While US attentions were fixed on Hitler's Europe they thought a sneak attack would work.

Where is the truth? I do not know. I only know when I view the picture of the child with her facial skin burned off from radiation of an exploded nuclear device it makes me sad and in truth it makes me want to throw up! Can one IMAGINE how it made these innocents feel?

There is truth too, though, let no man or country mistake, the US is seething with violence and will not rest until an attack on it is met with utter brute force on a perpetrator. The US is huge and it's power is devastating. There is NOTHING the US will not do to protect itself and there is nearly nothing it will not do to retain power and economic dominance even if that economic power is among only the 1%

It is a dangerous world and the US is NOT the only dangerous country in it. It simply happens for now to possess the most devastating and destructive weaponry on planet earth. So far I would rather be here than anywhere else BUT others are climbing that weapons ladder of "success" quickly. Something must be done to save our planet and us FAST or there will be nothing left to save.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...