Monday, July 02, 2012

TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD--What is means to be a Jew!

This YouTube speaks to me and, perhaps, gives rationale to my passion. For those who know me I am not religious BUT my heart is the heart of a Jew. This small documentary chronicles the Jewish lives of Hollywood. My story is their story without the glitz and monumental success!

I have in my latter years devoted myself to humanitarian causes and political thought. If I stand on the shoulders of some of these giants illuminated in the short documentary I am thankful for those shoulders. I am thankful that I came from an ethnic group often maligned but, against all odds, wondrous in achievement. My Jewish heart beats as theirs did, dedicated to humanitarian philosophy, political thought and good deeds. It is a rendition that says what I know to be true as Rabbi Hillel said centuries ago: "If I am not for myself who will be for me?" "If I am only for myself what am I?" "And if not now when?"

Click here or below for the short story.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...