Sunday, July 01, 2012

A Flip-Flopping-Flounder Candidate and Party

The president is so far and above the best candidate, has proven his mettle, done some VERY good things of which progressives should take note, that to elect a man who has flip flopped more than a fished-out-of-the-water flounder, cannot connect to much of the American electorate and even to many in his own Party is out of the question. I heard a winger say he was moving to Canada if the president, because of the health care passage, was re-elected. I might remind that person Canada has nationalized health care!

The Republican Party is impossible for even an economic moderate to support. It was not always but has become a vicious, mean-spirited, uncompromising and extreme right wing Party. Moreover, and worst of all, its aura is racist and its composition nearly all white. Not only would I never vote Republican I would be ashamed to register as one.

When Nixon was president, because I needed a summer job, a nice Republican student I knew helped me secure one with the Republican State Committee of Mass. I was NOT Republican. I was a civil rights advocate, war protester and true left of center Democrat BUT needing a summer job prevailed. Even though I agreed with them on nothing they were some of the nicest people individually with whom I worked and had the pleasure to get to know. It was a wonderful experience and I grew to love many of the state committee workers there.

Today, not only would I NEVER consider working for a Republican organization even in a summer job I could not even TALK to any on policy or truthfully have any as close friends. The political milieu between us is that toxic, angry and sad! I am hoping rather than health care being the President's Waterloo, as the cerebrally challenged Republican South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint said, that the vote in November will be the last gasp of a Party of white which bears no resemblance to the lovely people I once knew so many years ago and that November will be a big win for Democrats!

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...