Monday, April 18, 2011

I Am: I was made aware of a film soon to be released called “I Am.” It is directed by Tom Shadyac the maker of “Ace Ventura,” the “Nutty Professor” and other comedic films. We who see so much negative and depressing in the news about our conflicted and hostile world, need a relief to see something which emphasizes something positive and tells us what we CAN do and not what we cannot. Shadyac emphasizes through this entertaining documentary what is right and not what is wrong with us. He interviews some of the major thinkers and humanitarians of our time – Desmond Tutu, the late Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, talk show host Thom Hartmann and more.

Mr. Shadvac is a very successful man by the monetary standards of our time. After having a near death experience, he decided to devote his work to a different perspective. Instead of making his usual comedic films, he decided to focus on what was RIGHT about the hard wiring of man to help us and the planet we all share and need to live. He tried to understand through discussions with these great thinkers our ability to work together through our connective DNA which unites us all. He uses, I think, science to fuse the biological with the sociological.

Instead of illuminating the depressing bad we so often see in our never ending negative news cycle he illuminates the intrinsically good which can help us work together to save us and our beautiful planet as well.

I attach a trailer preview of the film “I Am” below. I hope it convinces you as it did me to see it so that we can glean something good amid all the carnage and sadness we see every day to give us hope for a better, kinder and gentler world. There is no question in my mind that we need it!

http://iamthedoc.com/

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...