Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Sage Helen Caldicot--Japan and the Relevance of Science: When I read MSNBC at first light each day the headlines about Japan are worse than the day before: Someone sent me a quote from Helen Caldicott. Wiki states: "Helen Mary Caldicott born 7 August 1938 is an Australian physician, author, and anti-nuclear advocate who has founded several associations dedicated to opposing the use of depleted uranium munitions, nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons proliferation, war and military action in general. She wrote Nuclear Madness (1979), Missile Envy (1984), If You Love This Planet: A Plan to Heal the Earth (1992 and 2009), A Desperate Passion: An Autobiography (1996) hosts a weekly radio program, If You Love This Planet." How prescient was this scientist who for years, my relative stated, warned in her 1978 book, "Nuclear Madness," and I quote"

As a physician, I contend that nuclear technology threatens life on our planet with extinction. If present trends continue, the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink will soon be contaminated with enough radioactive pollutants to pose a potential health hazard far greater than any plague humanity has ever experienced.


One wonders if the intellectually compromised who eschew science and whose attention span is about ten minutes, will FINALLY pay heed. I doubt it but I can hope. If this does not change a right wing extremist's Know Nothing view NOTHING will.

No comments:

NOT ANYMORE

  I wrote this last week and for the most part sat on it because I did not want my writing to imply anything against Israel. As stated agai...